The Heart of Being
A Live Online Intermediate iRest Meditation Retreat
September 21—26, 2021
with Richard Miller and Stephanie Lopez
This five-day online meditation retreat is a chance to shift your focus away from a continual sense of doing to the inner stillness that arises when we surrender to pure Being. Retreat is an opportunity to turn inward and experience your fundamental nature of joy, equanimity, and loving kindness.
Our focus will be to open to the Heart of Being. We’ll lay the foundation for your first hand experience of an unwavering yet dynamic Stillness within. Together we’ll recognize how this underlies and pulses through all of life.
Our journey to embodying essential nature will include the stages of welcoming, investigating, and awakening.
Welcoming is the first step. As you begin to meet, greet and welcome all that you are, you learn to sense everything—body, mind, emotions and world—as objects unfolding in the ground of Being. Welcoming opens you to being loving compassion in action.
Investigation is your exploration of the nature of self as the perceiver in which everything arises and dissolves. In this inquiry the perceiver dissolves and you realize how everything, self and world, is of the same substance, pure Being. At this point, your conceptual understanding gives way to heart-felt knowing.
Finally, awakening is the recognition that as you live from the ground of Being you experience life with a joy-filled peace. This is the path of delight, wonder, and astonishment.
You can expect
- Periods of meditation
- Body and breath sensing yoga
- Co-meditation and self-inquiry
- Interactive dialogue
You’ll learn and experience:
- Welcoming sensations, thoughts, and events with the ability to respond, not react
- Setting yourself free from self-judgment, shame, blame, guilt, and comparison
- Opening into the heart-wisdom of acting with loving compassion
- Body-based practices for recognizing and stabilizing yourself as Being
- Ways to enhance your ability to meet challenging emotions, thoughts, and life circumstances that inevitably arise during meditation and daily life
- The embodiment of qualities like peace, love, compassion, joy, and self-kindness, that naturally blossom in meditation
- Nourishment from sitting with community
This retreat is for: Anyone with prior meditation experience wanting to dedicate an extended amount of time to their meditation practice, inner journey and discovery, or the experiential nondual teachings that underlie iRest.
Do I need prior retreat or meditation experience?
We recommend that you’ve attended at least one immersive foundational meditation event before attempting this five-day livestream retreat.
Do I have to attend all five days?
If you’re planning on taking the retreat to meet certification requirements then you need to attend all five days.
For others attending the retreat, while we encourage you to attend as much as possible, you will have access to recordings if you are unable to attend all five days.
How do I prepare for a retreat at home via livestream?
To support your experience of this multi-day retreat, it’s best if you’re able to dedicate a room or quiet area. While there are short breaks, it’s ideal if you can be undisturbed to support a deepening into your inner journey.
You’ll receive a comprehensive home retreat guide prior to the event that will include a Zoom guide, welcome packet, and tips for preparing your home space for retreat.
This event satisfies the Certification long retreat requirement.
- We are pleased to be partnering with Vibe Yoga, Yoga Tree Seattle, YogaKula, and Princeton Center for Yoga & Health
Tuesday, September 21 to Sunday, September 26, 2021
All times listed are in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
Tuesday, September 21: 4:30 PM orientation; 5:00–6:30 PM program
Wednesday–Saturday, September 22–25: 8:00 AM–6:30 PM
Sunday, September 26: 8:00–11:30 AM