with Grace Jull
July 7-8, 2018
Princeton Yoga is honored to welcome Grace Jull to our community. Grace Jull, M.A. LMT E-RYT has been an experiential educator in the field of human potential since 1984. Grace”s poetic and passionate approach is contagious, and she has been described as the “Mary Oliver of the Yoga Mat”, offering eloquence, illumination and awe to each individual and collective encounter.
Whole weekend: $220/$195 if paid by 6/7/2018
Igniting (Y)our Heart’s Full Potential
Saturday, July 7, 2018 – 12:00 to 2:30 pm – REGISTER NOW
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ~ Rumi
Studies show the heart as the largest electromagnetic field in the body and our capacity to synchronize rhythms within and around us enhances wellbeing. Learn theory and tools to enhance the power of the heart.
Described as “one of the most meaningful workshops at Wanderlust” by a National magazine sponsor of the 2013 festival.
Whether you are new to yoga or teach your own trainings, this workshop will:
- explain the synergistic relationship between gross and subtle anatomy
- illuminate the heart as the anchor for self, soul and society
- offer brief experiences of optimal tools to clear, energize and align including key asanas that everyone can do, rich pranayama, Bija mantra chanting and the Buddhist practice of metta meditation.
This workshop is for practitioners experienced in basic asana and is ideal for teachers, healers and leaders who want to hone their own understanding of how to contextualize the heart of interconnection.
Pricing: $48 – REGISTER NOW
Movement as Medicine:
Essential Bones, Fascia, Organs and Practices to Illuminate Anatomy, Asana and Awe
Saturday, July 7, 2018 – 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm – REGISTER NOW
Whether you are new to anatomy or are a seasoned medical professional, Grace Jull offers an unforgettable introduction to how yoga works. Global principles about the bones, joints, muscles, fascia and energy will provide a window into the anatomy of asana and awe.
This workshop illuminates a completely innovative approach to understanding the body by exploring the intersection of somatic psychology, regional anatomy and correlations between the visceral cavities, nerves, organs, and connects this to ancient and contemporary energy centers and practices.
Whether you are new to anatomy or are a seasoned medical professional this workshop will offer:
- Overview of styles of yoga and the potential of their unique ways to enhance or potentially undermine the practitioner’s well being
- Delineation regarding the key families of physical yoga postures and breathing practices and their potential effects on facial chains, visceral cavities and organs, musculoskeletal system and nervous system
- Simple practices to support practitioners in self-care while also attending to the health of their clients
- Discussion of the existence of subtle anatomy as well as gross anatomy, and an exploration of “energy” in the body, our beliefs and between people.
Pricing: $60 – REGISTER NOW
Illuminating Sun Salutes
Sunday, July 8, 2018 – 12:00 to 2:30 pm – REGISTER NOW
“After a thousand sun salutes, I thought “there has got to be something more to this”…That is when starting to study with Grace transformed my expression of yoga and power, on and off the mat” ~ Joanne ~ Attorney ~ Israel and Montreal
Using sun salutation, we will explore current views of pelvic and craniosacral biomechanics and gain even more reverence for the profound impact yoga can have not only on the spine but also on the abdomen, organs, lymph, pituitary gland and prana.
During this journey together, you will gain new insight through:
- Discovering all the doorways available to enter the temple of the body, through the body, breath, chakras, emotions, awareness and intelligence of each part of the body involved in this intricate flow
- Deepening your appreciation of the bones, particularly the feet, SI joint, spine and how they connect to each other and the bones of the skull
- Illuminating your own variations of sun salute so you can empower your practice with deeper appreciation, understanding and awe.
Pricing: $60 – REGISTER NOW
GPS for Self, Soul and Society:
A Contemporary Illumination of the Koshas, Chakras and Realizing Our Fullest Potential
Sunday, July 8, 2018 – 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm – REGISTER NOW
For yoga enthusiasts who crave a deeper understanding of what yoga can offer, this rare opportunity will support you in a lifetime of skillful exploration using this ancient GPS to navigate modern experiences of self, soul and society. With Grace Jull’s playful and profound style, you will get a personal sense of maps that form you and your world.
Whether you are new to these maps or teach them in your own trainings, this workshop will:
- Explain the synergistic relationship between gross and subtle anatomy
- Illuminate new intersections between the koshas and chakras
- Enable access to lifelong coordinates to stay aware and connected to your experience
- Offer brief experiences of optimal tools of yoga to clear, energize and align each layer of our life force including asana, pranayama, chanting and meditation
- Explore optimizing seats of power for individual and collective enhancement of wellbeing for all.
Pricing: $60 – REGISTER NOW
Meet Grace Jull
Grace Jull, M.A. LMT E-RYT has been an experiential educator in the field of human potential since 1984. Jull’s integrative and innovative approach has influenced over 3000 massage and yoga therapists, yoga teachers, and medical or university students. Jull illuminates contemporary thinking regarding correlations between somatic psychology, visceral cavities, embryology, nerves, fascia, organs and ancient rejuvenating wellness practices.
The learning approach and content together catalyzes a resilient relationship with mind, body and spirit for both the practitioner and client. Jull’s passion as a educator has culminated in an online course, gracesanatomy.com where learners discover the body as a collaborative field of consciousness.
Grace remains an avid student and teacher of embryology, osteopathic principles, biodynamic anatomy, yoga, WATSU and massage. She has been adjunct professor at Saybrook University’s Mind Body Medicine Phd Program, and has taught in many mind-body medicine programs such as Harvard’s Rehabilitation Medicine Residency, Cirque de Soleil’s Inuit Intervention, the New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, and Scholar in Residence at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Her popular presentations about anatomy, consciousness, social justice and wellbeing have also been well received at conferences.
Grace is deeply informed by growing up in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and now teaches and travels internationally. She holds a Master’s degree from the University of Toronto in Adult Education, and is also co-founder of Shakti Initiation, a women’s yoga leadership advanced training in Bali, Indonesia and New England.
Grace’s poetic and passionate approach is contagious, and she has been described as the “Mary Oliver of the Yoga Mat”, offering eloquence, illumination and awe to each individual and collective encounter.