Thank you for your interest in the Cardiac Yoga® Teacher Training Program. As you know, this comprehensive training program is designed to educate and train yoga teachers and medical personnel to work with cardiac patients and their spouses. Participants in the program learn to adapt the basic concepts of yoga and meditation to the special needs of the cardiac patient.
This training program covers the following areas:
- Education in the anatomy and physiology of the heart, risk factors, contraindications, and an overview of diagnostic & treatment procedures,
- Training in the adaptation of yoga postures, breathing techniques, deep relaxation, and guided imagery for cardiac patients,
- Education in the philosophy and principles of yoga as a mechanism for healing,
- Teaching on how to design and implement a Cardiac Yoga class,
- Education in mind-body medicine and in the psycho-social aspects of heart disease.
- An overview of research in brain science related to yoga, mindfulness & meditation.
- Attached herein is an informational sheet and an application to the Cardiac Yoga Teacher Training program.
Please fill out the application completely and please send it by email to email@example.com Your application will be treated strictly confidential and will be forwarded to Dr. Mala Cunningham for review. After we receive your application, you will be notified by letter or email regarding your acceptance into the program. Once you receive your acceptance notice we will need to receive your full registration payment of $1395.00 in order to hold your place in the training program. The Cardiac Yoga Teacher Training Manual, study guides, travel and logistical information will be sent to you upon receipt of your tuition payment. If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to email or call. Thank you again for your interest in the Cardiac Yoga Teacher Training Program. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mala Cunningham, Ph.D. and Deborah Metzger, MSW, E-RYT500