with Cindy Beers
Mindful Yoga for Anxiety Teacher Training
Saturday, April 21, 2018: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Price $215/$190 if paid by 4/14
This workshop introduces yoga teachers in ways they can help students control their anxiety using these areas:
- Meditation – Learning different types of meditation – and find the one best suited for the student – to help calm the mind, get restful sleep, and relax the body.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping) – Founded by Gary Craig, EFT is a version of acupuncture, without needles. Daily practice of this technique teaches students to incorporate into their lives.
- Breath – Using different breathing techniques can help lower the students’ anxiety and also help the entire body to calm down, sleep, and overall wellness.
- Yoga Poses – Our program focuses on specific Yoga Poses that help relax the sympathetic nervous system. These yoga poses are for beginners and people who are new to yoga.
- Journaling – Writing to understand what triggers the anxieties and how to deal with them on a holistic manner.
- Group Discussion – Being in community, sharing experiences and providing support for others with the same struggle.
- The sequence of events which happen to and through the body when anxiety clicks in.
- The different types of anxiety and phobias which trigger someone’s anxiety.
This course is specifically for Anxiety for teens and adults, how and when it starts, how to identify it, deal with it through Yoga Philosophy, Yoga, Yoga Nidra, EFT, and more.
Example of items which will be covered:
a) Central Nervous System
b) What the body goes through in Anxiety mode
c) What life is like living with Anxiety
d) Types of Anxiety
f) Yoga Philosophy
h) Triggers of anxiety in different age ranges
I) and more
Yoga Teachers will receive 7 hours of CE through Yoga Alliance.
Open: Yoga Teachers and Yoga Teacher Trainees
Yoga for Anxiety
Sunday, April 22, 2018: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Price $215/$190 if paid by 4/14
A workshop for teens, adults, counselors, etc. Learn breath, EFT (Tapping), mediation and asana that you can use as a teen or an adult to manage their anxiety. Teach yourself resilience in moments of anxiety, depression, panic attacks, PTS, and high functioning autism so that you are able to handle stress in a holistic way.
- What the body goes through in anxiety mode
- What life is like living with anxiety
- Triggers of Anxiety (we break it down by age groups too)
- Different types of Anxiety
- Body Image
- Yoga philosophy and postures
- Mediation for anxiety
- Asana (yoga poses) poses for anxiety
Open to all including teen, adults, counselors, therapists
Meet Cindy Beers
Cindy Beers, founder of Red Head Yoga, creates a place for people of all ages and body types to practice yoga and medication in a safe, inviting, and authentic environment. Students experience a class which is tailored to the students’ ability, sprinkled with compassion and a touch of laughter that leaves them feeling content and at peace. Cindy’s teachings are informed from her extensive training and life experiences. She spent 18 years in the US Armed Forces and therefore has a special understanding for teaching yoga to veterans, teens, and adults living with anxiety and trauma. Cindy’s work with anxiety culminated in her recently published books “Mindful Yoga for Teen Anxiety” and “Mindful Yoga for Adult Anxiety.”
After having experience a near death episode, Cindy views life as a gift and unabashedly lives it with zest, love and quirkiness
Cindy, 200-ERYT & 300hr-RYT is a member of Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapist (IAYT). She is also trained in: Mindful Yoga Therapy for Veterans, Healing Trauma Through Yoga, Aqua Yoga, Prison Yoga, Yoga and Meditation for Military Sexual Trauma, Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Thai Yoga, Yin Yoga, Biomechanics, Somatics, Egoscue, Chakras, Ayurveda, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Reiki Master, and Body Rolling. She is also an expert on different types of meditations such as Yoga Nidra, Mindfulness, I Am, Vipassana, Body Image, Third Eye, and Cindy practices Transcendental Meditation. Her university degrees include a Bachelor’s Degree in Leadership and Professional Communications and a Master’s Degree in Leadership and Philosophy from Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA. www.RedHeadYoga.com